Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 20 to 30, 2014. These incidents are also available here
- May 24, 2014: A suicide bomber attempted to target a football viewing center but the explosion occurred early, killing eight in Jos, Plateau state. Boko Haram is the suspected perpetrator.
- May 25, 2014: Boko Haram attacked a market in Borno state, killing twenty-nine individuals.
- May 25, 2014: Suspected cult members invaded Benue State University and raped twenty female students.
- May 27, 2014: Unknown gunmen ambushed Nigerian soldiers in Plateau state, killing four people.
- May 27, 2014: Boko Haram killed twenty-four soldiers and twenty-one policemen in Yobe state when they attacked a military base and the adjacent police barracks.
- May 28, 2014: Boko Haram killed forty-two people in Marte, Borno state and nine in Gwoza, Borno state.
- May 30, 2014: In Borno state, Boko Haram killed the emir of Gwoza, attacked the emirs of Uba and Askira, and may have kidnapped others as well.