Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 2 to August 8, 2014. These incidents are also available here, and are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 2: Gunmen killed a traditional ruler and two others in Bauchi.
- August 3: Herdsmen attacked Christian worshippers in Southern Kaduna, killing one.
- August 3: Cultists clashed in Rivers, resulting in three deaths.
- August 4: Suspected cultists stormed a bar in Rivers State, killing three.
- August 6: Boko Haram took over Gwoza local government area and killed an estimated twenty-four.
- August 6: Boko Haram raided Zigague, Cameroon, kidnapped the district head and two of his sons, and killed three Cameroonian soldiers and nine civilians.
- August 7: Fulani herdsmen killed four in Kaduna.