Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from March 11 to March 17 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- March 11: Nigerian troops killed two would-be suicide bombers in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- March 11: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Jema’a, Kaduna and one death in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- March 14: Nigerian troops killed “many” Boko Haram militants (estimated at twenty) in Kala/Balge, Borno.
- March 14: Nigerian troops killed four Boko Haram militants in Konduga, Borno.
- March 15: Four suicide bombers killed themselves and two others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- March 15: Boko Haram killed one in Magumeri, Borno.
- March 15: Boko Haram killed five Nigerian soldiers in Monguno, Borno.
- March 15: Unknown gunmen killed five in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- March 16: Unknown gunmen killed five in Ukum, Benue.