July 4th, TWE’s favorite holiday bar none, is just around the corner. To celebrate the big day, TWE presents its first annual July 4th trivia quiz. Yes, you could Google the questions to find the answers. But really, how much fun would that be? I will post the answers to these questions on July 4. And by all means, if you have your own July 4th trivia questions, please post them in the comments section so everyone can take a crack at answering. I hope that you all get to eat a hot dog (all beef or soy), attend a parade, and watch some fireworks on the Fourth. Kick back, push the bad news aside, and enjoy the holiday weekend!
1. When did July 4th become an official federal holiday?
2. Twelve of the thirteen colonies voted in favor of the Declaration of Independence. One colony initially abstained and did not agree to vote for it until after it was unveiled to the public. Which colony was it?
3. How many of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence went on to become president of the United States?
4. Which three U.S. presidents died on July 4?
5. Which American president was born on July 4?
6. The American people were offered a famous gift on July 4, 1884. What was it?
7. Which famous nineteenth century American author was born on July 4, 1804?
8. Which famous nineteenth century American songwriter was born on July 4, 1826?
9. What famous American institution of higher education opened on July 4, 1802?
10. Who gave a famous farewell address on July 4, 1939?