Cross border flows, with a bit of macroeconomics

Print Print Cite Cite

A new open thread

May 25, 2005

Thanks to the generousity of Carnegie (who donated the building), Gates (who donated the computer) and the public library of Stafford, Kansas.

I’ll try to chime in with some thoughts on Bretton Woods two late tomorrow — [UPDATE — MAKE THAT FRIDAY]

For the moment, though, I’ll just note that it is strange, at least to me, that the current account surpluses (savings surpluses) of the world’s resource exporting countries and many of the world’s biggest resource importing countries are both rising right now. An oil exporter might save the windfall from an unexpected price surge, but I would normally expect an oil importer — including an oil importer like China — to save a bit less. The net effect on the global savings surplus is a bit ambiguous.

Afterall, Asia’s economies are very dependent on imported raw materials, and those raw materials cost more today than in say 2002. That makes the current surge in Chinese savings all the more surprising …

• Posted by Fackpleprek

Hello
    I am wonder if I can get my credit score my self and repair it

Please let me know if you have the free Credit Report & Repair Kit.

Thanks,

• Posted by valerie

my dignitary is valerie

organize this forum while searching payment grants.

hope i can help you guys also.

• Posted by ImmactPaday

Take!!!! Anybody know of a reputable lender that YOU from one’s own viewpoint have occupied in the past? Privation recommendations fast.

• Posted by FlueloFourgix

OK, here is the deal. I survive applied on like a hundred websites in search a credit but they all decrease me for numerous reasons. A death of these sites divulge 100% accepted in time to come I don’t net anything. Ideas?

• Posted by Салон Алла

S tupe rucne vyrobenym v salonu ALLA, to nebude problemem. Staci Vam par minut rano na nasazeni [url=http://alla.cz/]tupe[/url] na hlavu. Kdyz se rozhodnete obarvit vase vlasy v salonu Vas obarvi podle Vasich predstav.

• Posted by pourpaply

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn’t have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

• Posted by untobossE

Hello I am currently out of work in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have applied to most of the job sites more times than I’d care to recall and sent off hundreds of resumes. However, i have not been able to find a single good response to my applications. If anyone knows about particular job site where i can look for a good job, please revert me with the location details. I will be thankful to you for your early response.

• Posted by Norapickror

Hello I just lost my job in Aurora,Illinois I have searched all the job boards more times than thousand times and sent off hundreds of resumes. However, i have not been able to find a single good response to my resumes. If anyone knows about any particular place where i can look for a good job, please revert me with the location details. I will be thankful to you for your early response.