Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 3, 2016 to December 9, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 3: One person was killed in a communal clash in Ikwo, Ebonyi.
- December 4: Nigerian troops battled Boko Haram militants, killing thirteen and losing one soldier in Kukawa, Borno.
- December 5: A battle between Nigerian troops and Boko Harm militants in Bama, Borno led to "heavy casualties" for Boko Haram (estimated at twenty) and the deaths of one soldier and one CJTF member.
- December 7: PDP and APC supporters clashed in Obi Ngwa, Abia, leading to a number of injuries.
- December 9: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and fifty-six others in Madagali, Adamawa. Boko Haram was suspected.